Monday, June 04, 2007

and might I just add...

technology has been more frustrating than helpful to me over the last 3 weeks or so. On top of everything Gary has posted about recently, here's what has decided to declare war against me:

- Our DVR, of course. Constantly non-responsive to the remote control, continues fast-forwarding long after you've hit play, etc.
- I struggled with getting Finale 7 installed on my computer. Mostly because I am slow at that stuff, but it was still an annoyingly complicated process that called for 2 calls to customer service.
- We had to reinstall OS X on my mac. FOR WHATEVER REASON! It just wouldn't reboot one day.
- After that reinstallation, ProTools would no longer open. Had to reinstall that. It took about 6 tries, but I finally got it on there again.
- Every time I try to open Firefox, my computer isn't connecting to the internet right away. It's only a little hold-up, but it's still ANNOYING.
- And now for no apparent reason at all, Firefox just decided to hang my computer altogether. I went to restart, and it allllmost got all booted up. But not quite. So I had to restart it again.

And to top it all off, I'm just tired of typing to communicate and am letting emails pile up without replying. It's daunting.

- Gwen

No comments: